Yesterday, I finished adding a couple of bags of farmyard manure to the second strawberry bed, and got the strawberry plugs in their new homes. Although, a couple of the plants had had their leaves knocked off in delivery, so I was a bit disappointed about that. I have planted them anyway, in the hopes that their leaves will regrow and they will still do well.
Pictures of farmyard manure, bed before digging in manure and bed with manure mixed in:
Here are the strawberry plants in their new bed, and I added a net for protection from the birds (there are so many crows around here). I also sowed a line of spinach at the edge of the strawberry patch. The spinach seeds were a beautiful blue colour!
I also took some photos of the lovely flowers springing up all over the garden:
Then I went and took a look at the polytunnel and started to wonder what on earth I am going to do with it. It is a mess! Sawdust and wood all over the floor and the plastic cover is burned and ruined. Might need to tear it down and get a new one. Shame really, but it was like this when we moved here.
Thanks for reading!