Today we all got out in the garden and managed to dig over the bed next to the poly tunnel, ready for the other 12 strawberry plants. There was some old asparagus in this bed which we didn’t want anymore as well as some mint, weeds and other weird looking grassy things. It took a long while to dig it all over and remove all the stones, and rubbish.
Here’s the bed before:
Here is the bed after!
I am so excited to plant out my 12 strawberry plugs tomorrow! I think I will add some more mint to the bed too, as there are two very small mint plants left at the back, and I do like mint.
I have also put a net over my strawberry roots that I planted out yesterday, just to keep them safe from birds:
We also have a little robin in the garden now (from the children for Mother’s day) and a bird feeder (also from the children):
And lastly an update on my lettuces and other veg in the greenhouse. Lettuces have come up and look very cute in my Beatrix Potter pots, and the cabbage, broccoli and broad beans are sprouting too! Even the garlic has some shoots forming:
Thanks for reading!